[SOLVED] This isnt working and I dont know why!!!!

ukweb

:facewall:

Hi all

I honestly cannot see what is wrong with this code but it returns no results. Basically bedrooms are stored in a separate database as an 'open_asset', the database was designed this way so that the 'property_list' table could store commercial and domestic properties in it.

here's the code, any help I would really really be thankful for!

Ta! Ste x

if (!($d_location == 'all')) {
		$location_sql = 'AND property_list.town = \''.$d_location.'\' ';

} else {
		$location_sql = '';

}
	if (!($d_type == 'all')) {
		$type_sql = 'AND property_list.property_type = \''.$d_type.'\' ';

} else {
		$type_sql = '';

}

// The Query
	mysql_select_db($database_sql, $sql);
	$query_property_search = sprintf("SELECT property_list.*, open_assets.value AS bedrooms FROM property_list, open_assets 
									 WHERE (property_list.property_id = open_assets.parent_id) AND open_assets.title = 'Bedrooms' 
									 AND property_list.site_id = %s AND property_list.sale_type = 'rental' 
									 ".$type_sql."AND property_list.value >= %s AND property_list.value <= %s 
									 ".$location_sql."AND open_assets.value >= %s AND open_assets.value <= %s",
		GetSQLValueString($site_id, "int"),
		GetSQLValueString($d_type, "text"),
		GetSQLValueString($d_price_min, "int"),
		GetSQLValueString($d_price_max, "int"),
		GetSQLValueString($beds_min, "int"),
		GetSQLValueString($beds_max, "int"));

$property_search = mysql_query($query_property_search, $sql) or die(mysql_error());
	$row_property_search = mysql_fetch_assoc($property_search);
	$totalRows_property_search = mysql_num_rows($property_search);

analyse the result of: echo $query_property_search;

You were right to tell me to do that. I had a hour away from it cos it was rly winding me up!! Spotted the problem, i had 'rental' instead of 'sale', and also one to many GetSQLValueString functions too! All is well and its working thanks! Good night all!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.