[SOLVED] Importing large SQL file into database?

nitromaster

Hi

Basically I have a dump of an sql file for my site, from a previous hosting which has now expired.

Got new hosting, need to import it.

It's only 2MB, pretty small i guess, but I have a really shit connection, and so far have fail to upload it to phpmyadmin via my web browser.

Any idea on the best way to upload it would be?

I was thinking of splitting it, but how? Or any other ideas would be great.

Thanks

what about ftp?

ftp for a mysql database ? are kiddin' me ?

maybe if he has access to the database directory ( /var/lib/mysql/database_name_here )

but he will still need a mysql server to transform his dump into mysql database files .MY*

Hi

Basically I have a dump of an sql file for my site, from a previous hosting which has now expired.

Got new hosting, need to import it.

It's only 2MB, pretty small i guess, but I have a really shit connection, and so far have fail to upload it to phpmyadmin via my web browser.

Any idea on the best way to upload it would be?

I was thinking of splitting it, but how? Or any other ideas would be great.

Thanks

i can give you my mysql host if you wanna use one

it's open 24/7

PM if you need

what about ftp?

ftp for a mysql database ? are kiddin' me ?

maybe if he has access to the database directory ( /var/lib/mysql/database_name_here )

but he will still need a mysql server to transform his dump into mysql database files .MY*

i dont know about phpmyadmin, but i can load local data infile on the command line if i ftp a file onto my server. so no i am not kidding you, drama queen.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.