MYSQL query change

sp@rky13

Ok, so I was given the following code here but I don't get it. ok so I've looked into CONCAT_WS and what it is but still don't get how to use it. so what I want to be able to do is instead of having the result like this:

397|593 505|657 433|658
I need it like this:

[village]397|593[/village]

[village]505|657[/village

[village]433|658[/village]

I've made this change: to the code to do add in the line break:

SEPARATOR '</br>'

but I need to add in the [village][/village]

Here's the full code I'm working with before any changes I've tried:

<?php
$con = mysql_connect("localhost","","");
if (!$con)
{
   die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}

mysql_select_db("wwwspark_tribalwars", $con);

$result = mysql_query("SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(CONCAT_WS('|',b.x,b.y) SEPARATOR ' ') AS xy FROM players_en28 a INNER JOIN villages_en28 b ON a.id = b.player WHERE a.name = 'sp@rky13' GROUP BY a.id");

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
echo $row['xy']; 
}
mysql_close($con);
?>

I don't know about group concat and concat ws, but I believe a simple concat will do...(getting rid of the group by at the same time...)

try this:

$result = mysql_query("SELECT CONCAT('[village]', b.x, '|', b.y, '[/village]') AS xy FROM players_en28 a INNER JOIN villages_en28 b ON a.id = b.player WHERE a.name = 'sp@rky13' ORDER BY a.id;

That's the site I've looked at before but as it doesn't include some of the stuff in the code I was still confused

Sample output: (pressuming you mean what I am trying to have outputted)

(Was in the first post)

[village]397|593[/village]

[village]505|657[/village]

[village]433|658[/village]

you dont seem to be clear yourself as what you want and in what place. if you want it all in one line - this query is the way to go. if you need single values to "mess" with, then you need no concatenation at all, simply get the values and do the rest in php. I suggest you look for a few tutorials on how to connect and query databases and to read the chapter on SELECT in the MySQL manual and alos the chapter on mysqli in the PHP manual.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.