Photo Uploader and Viewer - PHP MySQL

edkellett

Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a photo uploader tutorial that will take photos and reduce them in size, create two copies (one thumb and one larger version) and upload them to a specified directory and enter into mysql database. Something like what is in facebook would be great.

Also, along the same line, can anyone tell me how I can design using mysql database and php (and maybe flash) so my photos open in a really nice gallery. The kind that resizes the photos and opens in front of the screen.

Thanks a mill in advance... 

For a thumb, you'll need to look for code that will crop your images.

And I'm guessing that you'll also want to resize the original in order to make sure that it's less than a specified width? If so, you'll want to resize the image.

So, just crop and resize and leave the original in the temp folder for cleanup - note that crop and resize are two very different things. Cropping makes sure that the thumb is equal on both sides, width and height-wise. Resizing really only makes sure that an image is less than a certain width. There's plenty of code examples out there.

Good luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.