Field order

rugzo

Hi all,

i built an interface which produces forms and near by also the sql databases for the forms. The forms have categories and items. My problem is when its build the form i can not relate the items to the categories. example-->

cars 

ford 

bmw

motors 

yamaha 

honda 

lets assume i built this form which also built the database. The database looks then like this-->

id cars ford bmw motors yamaha honda

if the order would never change i would have no problem but if i add or remove items and categories via the interface after i built the form it will add them after the last column. If i would now add another car it would it put after the last item "honda". I have only 2 chances.

a) is it possible to tell sql that ford and bmw are the items of the category car?

b) as my interface works dynamically and in a specific order it could change the order again after i submit the changes. If you add an item you have the possibility to say after which column ---> ALTER TABLE `test`.`yeni1` ADD COLUMN `df` VARCHAR(45) NOT NULL AFTER `kkkk`;...

Is there also a command which updates the please of the field?

one of them could solve my problem, please help...

thanks in advance...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.