Help With Invisible MySQL Database

hologramman

Having sort of a weird problem and hope you can help. I am new to the forum and getting back into PHP/MySql after about an 8 year break.

I created my site - Fightlink.com using PHP/MySQL. Today I tried to get it back up and running and having a weird but probably easy issue. If you look at the site, try to click on an article. The article will not pull up. Same goes for the forum posts, the directory, etc. You can only view the titles, not the content.

I think this MIGHT have to do with the way I imported the database. Maybe I am supposed to convert it in some manner to deal with my new server? This database is over 8 years old. I'm guessing things have changed and I'm not with the program.

Can you help me along with fixing this issue and getting the database back up and viewable on the front end? As a side note, I can view this using PHPMYADMIN on the backend. All articles are viewable. Just not on the front end at fightlink.com

Thanks so much for your help.

You should start by making the site private, because you're going to need to do some debugging to find the source of the error.

If you add the following at the top of your page that is giving you problems, it should help you identify the error:

error_reporting( 0xffffffff );
ini_set( 'display_errors', true );

You should start by making the site private, because you're going to need to do some debugging to find the source of the error.

If you add the following at the top of your page that is giving you problems, it should help you identify the error:

error_reporting( 0xffffffff );
ini_set( 'display_errors', true );

Thanks, but nobody will visit the site while I'm testing it.

I inserted the code and got the following error, which is a 404 almost like the page doesn't exist. But it does exist in the database. Hmm.... very confused.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@fightlink.analogworkshop.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Internal Server Error typically means something with your Apache configuration is hosed.

If that's the case you may have to turn on Apache logging.  If you're on a shared host, then you can try to do it with a .htaccess file.

If you're at a total loss of what I'm talking about and you need this resolved quickly, you may want to contact your web hosts support department for help or consider posting a "Help me fix this..." in the freelance section.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.