Send form information using PHP

eacollie

I have an html form that submits to a php file.  I want the php file to send this information to another file (for email using formmail.php). 

I can pick up the form data, but how do I send this information to another file?  Do I create another form, populate it with the data, and submit it? Or is there another way?

Thanks MatthewJ.

I'm not very good with PHP, but here's what I'm trying to do:

1. User fills out html form and this submits to a php file.

2. PHP file collects form data and automatically sends this to formmail.php (which sends email).  I then want to do other "stuff": give the user the option of paying by either printing out form data or redirecting to PayPal.

So far, I've got the html form and I can pick up the form data in the php file.  I just don't know how to send this information out to formmail.php for processing.

Any help you can give this newbie would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

1) you could use an include like include('file.php') then it will be like the scripts are combined.

2) use a session variable or get string then use header to load the other page after other stuff has happened.

3) use cURL. this will load a page in the background kindof like Ajax in JavaScript.

4) put the processing inthe other page in to a function and just call the function.

Hope that helps.

Martin

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.