Online Order Page

liamloveslearning

Hi everybody,

I've recently took on a job thats a bit out of my depth but im sure Ill be able to rise to the project and learn something along the way. A friend of mine wants a website buidling (only 4 pages) where users can visit and make an order for 1 of his products. The website is for a photographer and his product is a makeover and photoshoot.

The website needs to allow potential customers to view his portfolio, read about him etc, and then view his services (service in this case) and make an order.

Through this my friend needs to take payment online, receive an email regarding this, and also book a date for the customer and email the customer confirmation.

Has anybody any advice on where to look for this 'dynamic' application or know of any appications out there ready to install and edit?

Also what would be a fair price for this project? As I have very basic PHP/mysql experience Im looking to add this project to my portfolio and was thinking of charging him £500.

Any Feedback is greatly appreciated

Liam

I just got done with a large website project and I charged a very poor price of $100. I should have charged a lot more. The price all depends on how much work needs to be done, and the timeframe it will have.

I started a little PHP online order sheet on a website I used to own a few years ago. It used PayPal (they would need an account and they would need to visit the merchant tools or whatever it is called). I would have them fill all of the info of what they wanted for there services, and their contact info, and send them to the paypal site for charging them. I did not encode the paypal button (which redirects them to paypal to pay), so I could change the amount of money they would need to pay when the page loaded (depending on what service they wanted).

I would then submit it all into a table, and email it to myself. After I checked the the payment I would contact the person.

Hopefully this helps you a little.

Ahh I get you,

Altough thats a good idea, The client doesnt want the customers to have to have their own paypal, As it could be the elderly ordering in which they dont have a paypal only a direct debit card.

I also need the customer to recieve a confirmation of paymen (receipt) email and my client to recieve an email after every purchase,

If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Ive used Moneybookers for several sites, although I would imagine PayPal is very similar. You can redirect the user to a page which contains an iFrame that gets posted to the Moneybookers payment gateway. You simply need to get the user the fill out a bunch of required fields (name, address etc) and put in a few 'hidden' fields of your own that you populate with data that you dont want the user to be able to change (such as price, currency, pay_to_email etc) and your good to go. If the user enters an address/email address that Moneybookers doesn't recognise (i.e. if they have never used Moneybookers before and dont have an account with them), it will ask them to fill out their address/payment info just like you would on any online shop. Moneybookers will then process the payment and a) send the customer a receipt, b) send the recipient a receipt and optionally c) send details of the transaction to a page you specify so you can construct your own emails, put in a db etc.

Obviously whatever payment service you use, you will have to pay a small handling charge but it's ideal for what your looking for. That should be enough to get you on the right track  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.