Option Forms Help Needed

`Yousef

Alright, this isn't really PHP I guess but it will integrate with my PHP script so :).

I was wondering if a drop-down menu can have two values for each option, for example:

<select name="type">
<option value="18">PSP</option>
<option value="18">iPOD</option>
<option value="5">FLV</option>
</select> 

This is for my YouTube to PSP/iPOD whatever script. It uses the numeric value and adds it to the YouTube URL in the format &fmt=value which codes as

"http://www.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=".$var_id."&t=".$var_t."&fmt=".$_POST['type'];

However I want to add a second value or something that would allow me to rotate certain things on the landing page in order to make it a more targetted experience for them.

Anyway I can go about doing this? Any help greatly appreciated :).

You can put any string in as the value attribute. A common method is to concatenate using a separator character, like |, and then explode the data on that separator character to retreive each piece.

value= "18|abc"

list($value1,$value2) = explode("|",$_POST['type']);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.