Help with monitoring year week and sales figures

marksie1988

Hi,

i am looking into creating an application in php mysql that we could put sales figures in for the week etc.

i am a bit confused though as to how i could go about working out the weeks e.g. there are 52 weeks in a year, i need the application to know what week it is (how would i achieve this?) and also say i went from 2009 to 2010 i would need it to go back to week 1.

the main issue that i have is that i do need to keep the history of sales etc so that we can do a YTD figure and a weekly figure.

all i need is some help or ideas or code snipets that would allow me to have 2009 week 1 to week 52 then move to 2010 week 1 to week 52 if you need more explanation please dont hesitate to ask.

any help is much appreciated

Regards

Steve

Mysql has a large number of date/time functions that you can use to query for the data you are interested in, for example you could GROUP BY using the WEEK() function to get weekly figures for a range of dates - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/date-and-time-functions.html#function_week (see the page that link is part of for more useful date/time functions.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.