[SOLVED] Looking for a way to present database information?

A JM

I'm looking for a way to present records in a field of my database - kind of like a chat box where the comments are seperated by user but I want to use recordID's instead to seperate the comments. I'd like the user to be able to scroll through the list of a "comment" field of my DB.

Does anyone have any ideas for creating such a thing, is there already something available for me to use? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

A JM,

yes, sorry I must not have been very clear.

I don't want access to the DB only to display the record information in a list box on my form that the end user can read through.

My concern is the amount of information to be displayed my be large and I don't know if a textarea will be appropriate for my needs.

Thanks.

If you need any help, here is a tutorial I used:

http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/Simple-Chatbox-in-PHP-MySQL/23971

I just changed and used longtext for the message.

And you can always display the contents without adding the form for users to add messages, or you can add that later if you decide you want it. :-) Hope that help :-)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.