Help linking query results to another page?

The.Pr0fess0r

Hello,

I have a query that outputs 5 columns of data. The first column is the date the trip was taken. I would like to be able to click on that date and have it take me to another page where it shows me all the info about that trip.

The problem I am having is that I cannot get the syntax correct.

Here is my line of code that I would like linked to another page:

echo '<td width="50" align="right">' . substr($row['date_of_hunt'],0,10) . '</td><td width="20"></td>';

The page I want it linked to is trip.php I am using the field id in database. So i'm assuming it would be something like: trip.php?id=$row['id]..but I'm not sure how to put it all together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much! I had to remove the set of parenthesis just after the = but then it started working.

Now I am having problems getting the data to show on the resulting page. What do I have to use to get the data to show up on the trip page?

I have the page set up the way I would like with the column headers (i.e. date of trip, hunters, etc) but the data will not show up. I know there is something I have to add to tell it where to pull it from, but i'm not sure what that statement is? If I just put

<?php $date_of_hunt >?

in a column, nothing shows up. How do I get it to pull the data?

For example, on the report page (from the earlier post) let's say I click on the date with the id of 3...so my url looks like: http://www.mysite.com/trip.php?id=3. How do I get it to show the information from id 3?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.