Alternatives to Relational Databases?

stoopidemu

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I have a dead simple project that I'm working on for a client using PHP.

It involves two changes to their website.

One is to create a page with a simple login (there will only be one user and the user information will never change) and once logged in a form with one text box and two commands, Post and Clear

The other is on the main page where the text of that text box would either load at the top of the page if something had been posted, or not if it had been cleared.

Clearly I could use SQL for this data, but that it seems like there should be a better way to store this data than creating a while database for one line of text and a username/password combo that will never change.

It would also be nice if I didn't have to use PHP to grab the information on the main page, but rather a scripting language of some kind (probably java script)

Any thoughts?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.