PHP cURL - Packet Sending to Remote C# Application via TCP

Vorspire

Hey guys, this is my first post here :)

After a few hours of searching google for answers, I have come up empty-handed on this matter. (Whether that's due to irrelivant search terms or not I'm not sure)

OK, so the main question...

Is it entirely possible/plausible to be able to send a custom packet consisting of the following:

4 byte packet ID (integer 32)

X byte username (string)

X byte password (string)

...Using PHP-cURL?

If this IS possible, what would the best method be to do this and how would I be able to parse the data response from my remote C# application?

The reason for using cURL is that my web-host has disabled the use of sockets due to security risks (lol).

----------

To explain simply what I am trying to do;

I have a remote C# .NET 3.5 application (MMORPG server/emulator) fitted with a sturdy and secure Listener and Packet Handler. The response I am trying to get from my server is simply the status, like how many players are currently connected, memory usage, etc. Everything is already coded and set-up on the C# app ready for receiving my custom packet.

So all I need to do now is find a way via PHP to send the request packet to my application and retrieve/parse the resulting data.

----------

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated and I look forward to becoming an active member of this community :D

Regards,

Vorspire

Damn, that is bad...

If I can't get my web-host to white-list my dedicated server address for use with sockets, then I may have to impliment the HTTPListener class in my application to directly handle http requests to the remote server IP.

This way, I should be able to simply type my remote server IP into any browser address bar and have the web-page automatically generated upon URI request... If I can do that, then I guess it won't be so hard to simply output an XML datasheet and parse it with PHP.

Thanks for the input anyhow :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.