Php Chat Help
Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:11 PM
Or will they??...
Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:36 PM
PHP is a server side language, It send its information and posts back
To build a chat you have several options
Refresh the page every second
Use Flash and PHP
Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:57 PM
The real page.
1. Has a banner
2. Has two <iframes> the top one stretchin 100% w and 60% h the one below 100% w and 20% h
3. First iframes=dis.php
4. Second iframe=add.php
1. Refreshes every 5 secs
2. Reads a file chat.txt
3. Formats it and displayss the contents
1. Has a name feild on top, which has the contents of the cookie name.
2. Has a message box.
3. Once submitted it sets a cookie name with the value of name.
4. writes to file chat.txt, the name and message.
This helps a lot for one can write while still being able to see whats going on.
If you had the same page having to refresh which has the display and add thing, it would not work good.
You can also add smily support which is not @ all difficult
Note: This is an example of a PHP chat.
Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:25 PM
You can download phpchat
Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:05 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users