Resuing html code (solution for this????)

ident

I have ten web pages and i reuse the same header on each one.

If i m ake a change i have to edit them all.

The only languages i know are html,vbscript,vb.net and asp.net(failry ok) but i am on windows xp home, so cannot make a control for this

is there any other solution u guys got?>

you can use php. the code for this would be pretty simple

<?php include('header.php'); ?>

and header.php would be the only one you need to adjust... there are a couple of rules you need to watch though

the first is that you need to rename your files from whatever.html to whatever.php

and the second 'rule' is that any a:active affects would work differently now, so you can use css, if you know css to do that...

In order to run PHP though you would need to install a web server (for instance Apache) and PHP. There are packages that make it really easy for you such as LAMP and XAMPP. You say you're using WinXP, is this for some kind of intranet site?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.