[SOLVED] Using a $GET['link'] function on my home page, and $GET['page'] on my photo page

DigitalDrew

Hey guysNgals,

I'm a newber to more advanced PHP (well anything other than the $GET and include function  :shrug: )

Just graduated from college (May 09) Trying to get my online portfolio up and I'm stuck :facewall:

I'm in total need of assistance, I'm in  :wtf: mode... (I love these emoticons, if you haven't already noticed  :thumb-up:  ) Ok onward...

I'm using this for my navbar to dynamically retrieve the guts of my pages, works fine, like always.

<?php if($_GET['link'])

{

include ('pageheading/' . $_GET['link'] . '.php');

}

else

{

include ('pageheading/home.php');

}

?>

<div id="top_navbar">

<ul id="menu">

<li><a href="/" class="home" >home</a></li>

<li><a href="?link=about" class="about" >about</a></li>

<li><a href="?link=web" class="web">web</a></li>

<li><a href="?link=photo" class="photo">photo</a></li>

<li><a href="?link=video" class="video">video</a></li>

<li><a href="?link=contact" class="contact">contact</a></li>

</ul>

</div>

Now I want to use this function:

<?php

if($_GET['page'])

{

include ('flickr/' . $_GET['page'] . '.php');

}

else

{

include ('flickr/FSU.php');

}

?>

on my "photo" page to dynamically retrieve my flickr photosets with:

<ul>

<li><a href="/?link=photo?page=FSU"  title="Florida State University, Around the Campus">Florida State University</a></li>

<li><a href="?link=photo&?page=Miami" title="South Miami">South Miami</a></li>

<li><a href="?link=muscles" title="muscles">Muscles</a></li>

<li><a href="?page=CG_Images" title="CG">CG Images</a></li>

<li><a href="?page=facial_textures" title="Photoshop Textures">Facial Textures</a></li>

</ul>

I have saved them as embedded flash [objects] inside separate .php files in a folder called flickr, which is inside the 'pageheading'.

Here are paths to two separate embedded flash objects:

http://www.andrewmichaelnathan.com/pageheading/flickr/FSU.php

http://www.andrewmichaelnathan.com/pageheading/flickr/Miami.php

As soon as I click on a link ON my 'photo page' to retrieve one of the embedded flash objects, it says:

Warning :'( include(pageheading/photo/?page=Miami.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/d/i/g/digitaldrew/html/index.php on line 51

Warning :'( include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'pageheading/photo/?page=Miami.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/d/i/g/digitaldrew/html/index.php on line 51

I tried everything  :wtf:  ,

I've never been able to use the $GET function on the home page, and another $GET function on a page that was retrieved by the first $GET function, to dynamically GET other data.

View source code @ http://www.andrewmichaelnathan.com/?link=photo

If you can help me realize :facepalm: what I'm doing wrong, it would be much appreciated!

Thank You!

AMN

Hi,

assuming that the code that you have pasted is your actual code, you have a problem with the vars attached to the url as you have added an extra "?"  in there:

/?link=photo?page=FSU

As I am sure you know, seperate variables should be seperated by "&" so that link should be:

/?link=photo&page=FSU

Chris

The back slash is not actually needed, I was just quoting a part of your url.

In general terms, in an url, only the first "?" is read as meaning "variables to follow" after that is is regarded as part of the variable name or value.

As you now know, the ampersand (&) is used to seperate diferent variables and the "=" to define the value of each variable.

Chris

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.