[SOLVED] Problem Parsing File

N-Bomb(Nerd)

I'm trying to parse a txt file and there' some unicode in there. I'm trying to use a preg_match_all to get some content within the file; using the unicode to select which points I want.

I'm having some trouble with the character though.. at first it was working pretty well... then it just stopped working.

I'm trying to find the character "ô" within the file. However, when I echo the contents of the file in my browser it shows as a question mark on a diamond.

I've been up the last 4.5 hours trying to figure this out.  :'(

How the hell would I use that character in my preg_match_all?

File I'm trying to parse:

ChrisôM4A1ô(randomstuff)

MikeôAK-47ô(randomstuff)

I tried doing:

preg_match_all('~(.*)ô(.*)ô~i', $content, $matches);

Didn't work though.. and what really gets me is that the above line worked for a few hours.. then magically stopped working.  :wtf:

I'm trying to find the character "ô" within the file. However, when I echo the contents of the file in my browser it shows as a question mark on a diamond.

you have your doctype set wrong

Anyways i would  str_replace the character with another like a pipe | before matching it

you have your doctype set wrong

Anyways i would  str_replace the character with another like a pipe | before matching it

What would be the correct doctype to set then?

Also, I just tried to do a str_replace on the character and that didn't do anything either.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.