PHP4 File Upload Progress Bar?

Gamerz

Are there any progress bars out there for php4? I've searched google for hours, and all I found is that the progress bar is either embedded to another popup window, or that it requires a patch..

Well I'm running on 1and1 shared hosting so it's not possible to add patches..

I was wondeirng if there is any progress bar like on the same page...unlike the ones where u upload a file, and they popup a window of the progress bar..

thanks in advance..

@AlexWD: My host DOES support CGI...but I already have a file uploader site up, and it's running in PHP4...is it possible to integrate a CGI script into a PHP so the upload progress bar would work on the same page, rather than on a popup window?

@corbin: Yes, my host supports Perl...I have no experience with perl whatsoever...so I have no idea how to integrate one into my php script...mind helping me? Do you have msn or aim?

It all depends on what Perl script you use.  Right now I'm writing an essay (or should be... :)), but I can help you later if you still haven't gotten it.

A while back I did a project that required a status bar on uploading.  Since I don't know Perl either, I looked through a bunch of different scripts, and the one I ended up going with (not sure if it's the best out there or not, although it appears to be well written) was Uber Uploader. 

http://uber-uploader.sourceforge.net/

It was very simple to get working, and it sort of integrates with PHP.  (And yeah, it's quite ugly in its default look, but you can always style it.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.