Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BugX

openVchat

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone... I want to let you know openVchat..
This is a PHP web based messenger that's not connected to another IM like yahoo, MSN etc.. But it's connected to you own server.
You can use it on your personnal web site.. Or maybe on you local network.
It used Ajax technoloy, to make it realtime.
If you interested, you can follow this link to download the sourcecode:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/open-v-chat
Or if you want to have a test, you can follow this link:
http://open-v-chat.sourceforge.net
Register with your id and add me if you want to (BugX)

Thx,
Andre


ps: - source code available in sourceforge is still v1.1p but I will update the source code as soon as possible
    - sorry for my pour english :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi..
I've already upload the newest code to sourceforge. If you have any comment or bugs or any idea, feel free to contact me.

Thx,
ANdre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hi,
i have downloaded the openVchat .. i want to do an enhancement in this for supporting hindi fonts (Shusha) for chatting..
i have already added support for Shusha fonts in this .. after doing changes .. at the time of typing message it shows the right text message in hindi but when it will reach to the concerned person, he/she will not able to get it in same fonts as in which i had written..
can u tell me solution of this problem that how can i use openVchat for hindi fonts chatting..
or what code i have to change for supporting the same...

Rakesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hi,
I have found a bug in openVchat v1.2  .. at the time of sending message  from one user to another user there is a message entry in data base table "txn_msg_chat" . but there is no entry of fontType in this table. Because of this other user find the messages only in default Arial font.
Please solve the problem or tell me the get around of this problem so that find the proper entry in database table.

Thanks & regards
Rakesh Gupta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi Rakesh, sorry I've just check the forum :p and thx for the report, I think the problem is on my sendMessage function on ui.js file. Please update the function with this one:
[pre]
/**
* send message to another user
*/
function sendMessage(b, i, u, f, s, to, from, msg){
if (!Sarissa || !document.getElementById)
return;
var xmlhttp =  new XMLHttpRequest();
xmlhttp.open('POST', 'send.php', true);
xmlhttp.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded');
xmlhttp.send("action=sendMessage&b="+escape(b)+"&i="+escape(i)+"&u="+escape(u)+"&font="+escape(f)+"&s="+escape(s)+"&to="+escape(to)+"&from="+escape(from)+"&msg="+escape(msg));
}
[/pre]
and if you still face a problem, feel free to contact me via email:
andre_flea@yahoo.com

Thx,
Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.