[SOLVED] insert query not working

jmr3460

What is wrong with this query. I keep getting this error message.

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE event_title = 'Leap Into Recovery' ORDER BY id LIMIT 1' at line 1"

This is my query:

$sql2 = "INSERT INTO calendar (first_day) VALUE (1) WHERE event_title = '$event' ORDER BY id LIMIT 1";

Can anyone tell me why this does not work? This column (first_day) is a bool, I have another query that uses this column to fetch an array that is echoed in a while satement.

Thanks for any help

OK I have a calendar and before this query I inserted three rows with the same information in it except for the date. I also have a while statement in another script that looks for the 1 in my first_day column and I just want to update the first row only so my other script does not show all three rows. Will this work:

UPDATE table WHERE event_title = '$event' LIMIT 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.