PlayStation online?

waynew

I wish Balders Gate Dark Alliance 2 was made on PC or wii :(

I never tried that one.. I have the first BGDA on PS2, and man did it ever rock! Another game that just came to mind that I enjoyed playing was Crackdown on 360.. Being able to build up your powers and throw vehicles at bad guys as well as literally jump from building to building was one hell of a cool sandbox game. Crackdown 2 is slated for a 2010 release.. Looking forward to trying that one for sure.

I wish Balders Gate Dark Alliance 2 was made on PC or wii :(

I never tried that one.. I have the first BGDA on PS2, and man did it ever rock!

Yeah dude BGDA2 is all the coolness of BGDA and then some.  I like hack n' slash games like that.  Actually I just found out they did release it on gamecube, which can be played on wii!  Think I'm gonna order that now :D

I bought a PS3 when the Slims came out. I play a lot of World at War but also some random sports games that my housemates have like Tiger Woods and NHL. Nazi Zombies is a good time waster within World at War.

My ID is proggR. Add me. I don't have many games for it yet but I'll probably start buying more soon enough.

Well, as akitchin mentioned, the benefit of consoles is that you can sit on a nice comfy couch to relax on (side note - perhaps an added bonus of playing games on a huge HDTV if applicable). For me, the debate of console vs PC is directly related to which type of games are being played.

As for games like racers, sports and arcade-types for example, I prefer consoles.. as these kind of games are elegant with using simply a joypad (hence being able to simply plop down on a couch and use minimal controls).

Playing games like first person shooters, real time strategy games and such are better suited on PC IMO, as these games typically have many keyboard shortcuts and / or play better with the use of a mouse for instance. Of course, any style of game can be played on either PC or console I suppose.. but one style will gel better with either / or, depending on the genre.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.