PlayStation online?

waynewex

Any of you play it and if so: ID? Mine is "waynewex". Only started playing online last week. Also, what games do you play (that's a general question for everyone - regardless of console)?

No Playstation here (yet). 360 user.

As for games, I am into racing games (think along the lines of Project Gotham Racing and Forza Motor Sport) as well as good first person shooters (Halo - although I found that franchise to be ultimately over hyped and didn't care for Halo 3 TBH). Street Fighter (4) is another I enjoy (haven't played that in a while though). And of course, 'sandbox' games like Grand Theft Auto is also fun. I have GTA 4 and really like it a lot.

In the past, I used to buy lots of games.. nowadays, I tend to rent them. If after the 5 day rental period, I still really enjoy the game's design, controls, story and reply value, I would then consider it for future purchase.

I don't play on a Playstation, but if I play a game on my computer it'll typically be something that has some sort of good story. It can also possibly be "just" a shooter.

Some games I've enjoyed was the KOTOR games, the GTA games (though I've only played Vice City, San Andreas and GTA IV), the Splinter Cell games, Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, the Half-Life games, Portal, Star Wars Jedi Academy, Star Wars Jedi Outcast.

I rarely play online multiplayer games. I don't have the time to become really good at it, so I'll just keep getting owned. I think Team Fortress 2 was good, though it's a long time since I played it. I need to be able to put the game away for some time and pick up from where I stopped. That's easier with a single player game. I'm looking forward to SWTOR even though it's an MMO, however. Mostly because it's a continuance of the KOTOR games. Hopefully they haven't ruined it by making it an MMO.

I've been playing COD4 the past few days. Man, some of the guys online are just too good. I also think it's unfair the way those on higher levels get to have better tricked-out guns that have a better aim. Makes it 10 times harder. I just camp around, waiting patiently with my trusty sniper rifle.

I have a PS3, but forgot what my handle is on there... shows you how often I play it. I love the FPS games (socom, some of tom clancy's, etc) but I typically just play them on the PC instead of on the PS3.... Who knows, I might start playing more. I'll add you later today wayne :)

As for games, I am into racing games (think along the lines of Project Gotham Racing and Forza Motor Sport)

I'm looking forward to Forza 3 - Looks amazing. Plus I have the wheel/pedals mounted to one of those racing seats! I normally play COD4 on the PS3 with my mates online, I only really else use it for a BluRay player.

As for games, I am into racing games (think along the lines of Project Gotham Racing and Forza Motor Sport)

I'm looking forward to Forza 3 - Looks amazing. Plus I have the wheel/pedals mounted to one of those racing seats!

Hehe.. your quite into racing games then. :) I only have the control pad, and that's it. Indeed, Forza Motor Sport 3 looks like its going to rock! Curious to try it out.

DiRT 2 on the PS3 has some of the most realistic graphics I've seen in any racing game ever.

I have Dirt (1) and it was pretty good.. have yet to try that one though. Looks very cool from screenshots I've seen.

Man to be honest, I have yet to really figure out what genre really does it for me.  Seems like these days video games take so much work and effort and time to master..hell, even the controls, let alone "moves", let alone "beating the game," just doesn't appeal to me all that much anymore.  Seems to me the more "realistic" and complicated games get, the definition of "game" itself is changing from (In my mind, anyways) something easy and fun to do, to...shit I don't know, training or work.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing...maybe 10 or 20 years from now, companies training people by having them master custom made video games will be commonplace.  Lot of companies and institutions have already been doing it for quite some time, like flight simulators, etc...

But I guess that might just be me, or at least, a sign of me getting old, lol.  My age bracket has been replaced with a new generation's age bracket, and I'm forever stuck in the past now, sort of thing :P Next thing I know I'll be bitching about how stupid kids are these days...wait, I already do that... fuck, I am getting old  :o

I have a PS3, but forgot what my handle is on there... shows you how often I play it. I love the FPS games (socom, some of tom clancy's, etc) but I typically just play them on the PC instead of on the PS3.... Who knows, I might start playing more. I'll add you later today wayne :)

Do! My friend list on the PS network is looking pretty bare.

No playstation. Xbox user. You really should sell your playstation and get an xbox. Xbox live destroys playstation online in every possible way. Here's a list of what I play: Call of Duty, Halo, GRAW, GTA IV, and everything else in the middle.

And if you don't have a PS3, you know that how?

No playstation. Xbox user. You really should sell your playstation and get an xbox. Xbox live destroys playstation online in every possible way. Here's a list of what I play: Call of Duty, Halo, GRAW, GTA IV, and everything else in the middle.

I have an XBox, but I refuse to pay just to use it online.

COD, GTA IV are all on PS3. As is Metal Gear Solid...

Aha.. I've got a ps3, ID is "solid95" - proper rubbish name I made about 3 years ago and just stuck with it. I generally play COD4/5 (awaiting release of modern ware fare 2) and also GTA4.. all about the shoot 'em ups really. Metal gear solid 4 is an awesome game but really complex story line.. I'd definitely play the others first.

i used to be a PC fan, but since getting my XBOX360, i have a tough time deciding to sit at my computer and play when i have the option of sitting on my couch and playing. i pretty much only play online with a friend, and so far i only own rainbow six: vegas 2 and CoD: world at war. both very solid games.

mind you, apart from this last weekend, i haven't touched the xbox since april.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.