Creative Appointments

gaza165

It's not a bad concept for a design, but it needs a lot of work...

- Graphics. You need to sort out or get rid of that right purple graphic, as it even brings up a horizontal scrollbar in my 1280px wide screen.

- Typography. You only use one font for your designs...Cambria. I have looked in your CSS and I see you make use of the 'inherit'. Mix it up a little, have one font for your titles, another for your body text. Line height should also be (normally, but not on all occasions) about 1.5 times bigger than the size of the font.

- Spacing and alignment. The navigation is stuck to the top of the page...with no space to breathe apart from under it. It doesn't look nice as it's not centered or aligned to the left of the page. The content of the page is poorly aligned...leading to users being able to not really navigate the page properly. Look up grids for website design, to help you create a good light design.

- For like the titles of the stuff (like 'Quick Search' etc), get rid of the purple background, align the text to the left. Make the text a bit bigger. Align the great purple graphic (without the purple box with it) to the right...and there you are.

- Language. Why do you have the salary of the creative jobs in '$' when it is a UK based company advertising UK based jobs?

Not bad though. Just a few tips to help you out.

Hi Guys,

Thankyou for your critique, I forget to mention that I am not the one designing the page, I am just putting the page together to what the specification I have been given.

homepage.jpg

Do you think I should talk to the designer to change some things???

Is there anyway I can keep that middle image on the right, but when people resize their browser or have a resolution of 1024 the horizontal scroll bar wont come up, but will just overlap it??

thanks

Garry

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.