[SOLVED] Dynamic IP?

Kaizard

Hi, I'm very new on PHP-Apache web development..and I'd like to ask if I can test my project on the web with non-static IP, my ISP is globe telecom...and i've noticed my IP changes a lot.

I'm wondering what I can do about it? I'd really appreciate any comments and help. Thank you!

You can test it locally regardless of your IP changing. All you need to do is install Apache and PHP (plus any other tech you require like MySQL). In order to access the site you can then use the loopback address (aka Localhost address) of 127.0.0.1. If you wish it to be accessable to other from outside your computer the dynamic IP would be a bad thing, but that really wouldn't be a good idea. You would need to get a webhost to do the work for you.

You can test it locally regardless of your IP changing. All you need to do is install Apache and PHP (plus any other tech you require like MySQL). In order to access the site you can then use the loopback address (aka Localhost address) of 127.0.0.1. If you wish it to be accessable to other from outside your computer the dynamic IP would be a bad thing, but that really wouldn't be a good idea. You would need to get a webhost to do the work for you.

Thanks u...but..I'm already passed that...What I was thinking was if I can view my work through the Web, directly from my PC. And since I have a dynamic IP..I'm wondering if it's possible. With my server as Apache 2.2.x (with PHP and MySQL).

Certainly it's possible using a service such as the one PFMaBiSmAd suggests, but I must admit I'd struggle to find enough pro's to outweigh the con's of hosting your own site on your own PC.

Yeah, I agree to that. Anyways, it's for testing purposes. I'm after all new to PHP-Apache web development. Thanks for the information. It solves my query.

I just don't see that you would gain anything, you can play with your localhost settings all you like to get to grips with Apache and PHP. If you want your site online that's fine too, but why not just use a free webhost such as 000webhosts to host your file. Then you don't need to worry about your IP or anything. Just my opinion though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.