Deadlocks

pernest

Hi

I was hoping that someone could advise me if the following code in my php script could (under the right wrong circumstances) be generating a deadlock?

Working with latest WAMP

My data base contains two tables, "products" and "reviews", and my script has the code:

mysql_query("LOCK TABLES products,reviews WRITE");
mysql_query("INSERT INTO products blah blah blah");
mysql_query("INSERT INTO reviews blah blah blah");
mysql_query("UNLOCK TABLES");

I think that running a single copy of this script would be fine, but I am trying to run ten copies concurrently. They will run successfully for 2 to 8 hours, then then freeze.

Is it possible that one script could get a lock on products, and the the other get a lock on reviews, but that each script would then be looking for a lock on the other table?

If this could be generating a deadlock, then how could I modify it to remove this problem?

Many thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.