Help with routing script

Perad

Hey,

I have created an 'awesome' - as in it works! - routing library.

However it is somewhat limited and I don't have the knowledge to take it to the next level.

It works something like this. Please note this isn't the actual code.

$segments = explode('/', $url);
  // Trim and reorganise array

if (count($segments) == 0)
  {
    // Use default route
  }

if (count($segments) == 1)
  {
    // Load module/segment0.php - start class segment0 - load the index function or return 404 if this does not exist
  }

if (count($segments) == 2)
  {
    // Same as above with the exception that segment1 is the function instead of index
  }

This is where I am. I have tested it a lot. Either returns correct function/class or a 404 error.

What I want to do is allow for more than 2 segments. I would like segments 3+ to become function parameters.

How do I do this?

I don't entirely understand what you're asking. But you can optimize the script a little by doing this...

$segments = explode('/', $url);
  // Trim and reorganise array

$count = count($segments); 

if ($count == 0)
  {
    // Use default route
  }

if ($count == 1)
  {
    // Load module/segment0.php - start class segment0 - load the index function or return 404 if this does not exist
  }

if ($count == 2)
  {
    // Same as above with the exception that segment1 is the function instead of index
  }

When it comes to optimizing, since $count can only ever have one value you might aswell...

$count = count($segments); 

if ($count == 0)
  {
    // Use default route
  }
  elseif ($count == 1)
  {
  }
  elseif ($count == 2)
  {
  }

But it's not answering the original question and like MasterACE14 I don't have a clue what your asking.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.