delete query and destroy session when browser close

zohab

Hi,

In my site,

When user login then I set username,uniqueid in session and create new entry in active users section.

When user logout then i destory session and delete entry in active_users section.

example

A.user1 login then

1.$_SESSION['user1name'];$_SESSION['uniqueid'];

2.insert into active_users (uniqueid,username) values('1','user1name');

B.user1 logout

1.session_destory();

2.delete from active_users where username='user1name' and uniqueid='1';

When user click on logout link then he will be logout and operation B is perform.

when user close browser then session_destroy() but active_user table entry does not

update because i do not know that user close the browser.

How can I delete entry from active users table when user close browser.

As PHP is not a syncronous technology, that is to say there is not a permanent flow of data between the client and the server, you will probably need to track the time period since the user last accessed a page and logout after a period of time.

So your active_users table will have a field for last_access, whenever a visitor views a page that displays a list of active_users you would compare the current time to the last_access time for all active users and remove any that have been longer than your timeout period before displaying the list.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.