$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] problem on windows

stormen81

I am building a CMS on my Windows system.  I am trying to log the IP address in to a MYSQL Database.  I have no issues getting the IP address or MYSQL but here is the problem.

When I take the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] and try to do something like this:

$ip = "update " . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] . " to db";

I get an error say the unable to do this line "x".  I check it and it is the line with the $_SERVER['REMOTE']. 

Is there a way to parse the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']?  I have notice that SMF does parsing of the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] and logs in the MYSQL db without an issue.

I am using a XAMPP server on my windows XP...  I am not sure if this a windows only issue yet... I need to try this on my MacBook with the OSX version of XAMPP.

Thanks for any help.

Stormen

Found my error before posting this.  It was not the ";".

I had a $this-pre when it should have been a $this->pre... :facewall: ...which made the Fatal Catch error that was bugging me.  I was kinda thinking it was something else.

Thanks for the help.

Stormen

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.