Sending Too Many Mails

darkhorn

Hi,

There is a competition in a web site, and the prize is a laptop. The more users u get to the site the more points you get, of course.

I was sending mails to the new students in my university. The script was working with cronjob, i wrote that it will send 8 mails in 1 minute (sleep function for 8 seconds between mails). But the web server owners busted me. And of course they closed my account, for one night.

I wonder how they busted me and how I can send mails secretly? There left about 1500 mails to send.

I really need that laptop. Yeah it is called spamming but the success rate was about 16% because almost everyone is going to register to that site. No matter I mail or not.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.