Basement waterproofing site (design only)

tibberous

There is potential, but there are a lot of things that bother me at this point, in particular the grid is not aligned very well.  I like the main background image and how it fades nicely into the page, but you are wasting way too much space to the right of the text.  In addition, something doesn't look right about the main text at the top.  I think you should ditch the border around the white semi-transparent background and make the background slightly more opaque.  The logo does not fit in to the page very well, it needs some work and better attention.  The latest news stands out too prominent, it is of little importance to most potential visitors I'm sure. The outer glow/drop shadow also is distracting, things shouldn't all looked stacked.  that is enough for me to start I think.

This is not a bad design, but it has some potential.

- Background. The background of the site doesn't really suite the whole theme of the site, and makes it look cheap and tacky.

- Alignment. The alignment of the content of the site is quite bad, as the 'We are committed...' box doesn't line up with the rest of the content. The latest news content doesn't align properly to the title of it.

- Spacing. The spacing of the site is good, but there is some inconsistant spacing between the header below the nav and the content of the page.

- Typography. Apart from the navigation, you only use one font for the whole content of the page. You should use one font for the headings and another for the body text. Maybe research a little more into typography before deciding on fonts.

Not a bad design at all, keep up the good work.

@lostprophetpunk - when you say the background, are you referring to the blocks or the finished basement?

The "we are committed" text will probably end up being a video.

Thanks for the advice, I'll take the advise into account tonight when I markup the real version.

the offset logo looks good. dont worry about looking like everyone else on the net, you wont stand out that way. i like the bg and the face in brick. site looks good to me. maybe make the header a little more exciting but not in a way that takes away from the offset logo.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.