Relationship web

gordon.c

Hello,

I have just started a new website that shall help others with solving their problems in relationship or giving vital advises to those who dont know who to ask. The new portal is basically trying to connect people together and provide the environment to help each other.

www.confessionhall.com

What do you think about it? Thx in advance for your time

I like the minimalist design of your site. However I think it looks too corporate/formal, for a site of this nature.

A bit of extra warmth I think would work wonders.

I recommend you make a voting system for banning those who post useless comments/insults.

A site this has the potential to do a lot of good, but I think it's extremely important to remember how fragile some peoples emotions are... especially if they take the risk of exposing their problems on-line. But I'm sure you've already considered all that.

Overall, I like. Nice work.

A bit too light a design.

- Alignment. The alignment of the content of the header does not match. The headers of the stuff in the sidebar does not align properly with the spacer splitting the heading and content.

- Spacing. The spacing on the site is inconsistant which also isn't helped by the alignment issues.

- Typography. You could use at least three fonts to make it a good design. Take a look into typography and how it can make or break a design.

- Header. Why is that got a shadow effect on it, but the rest of the site doesn't follow this kind of design?

- Validation. The page has 82 errors.

- What is the point of the signing up and signing in?

Other than that...good job.

Desai:

The voting system is already there. If you view a confession you can see that besides each comment there is an appropriate bar to vote.

Of course whole forum is moderated, I believe no ones feelings will get hurt since its there to help not to laugh.

Thx for reviewing buddy

lostprophetpunk: A have done several changes according to your points. Thank you for that it was really helpful

Anything else anyone would like to add?

The :hover background of the buttons isn't preloaded and thus is slightly delayed.

You can work around this by either preloading it with javascript[not recommended]. Or by using CSS sprites[recommended].

You may also want to apply a background color to the body element as I'm seeing my default #e9f9e7 color instead of white which I'm guessing is the intended the color I'm supposed to be seeing.

Minor issue, the javascript used to clear the login/search form fields doesn't restored what was in it when focus is taken off without altering the value.

Axeia:

You were right the side buttons didnt look so good always blinking...

Doesnt the white background go with that layout? I dont know which other color would make it better

JavaScript has been fixed, I didnt put it there on purpose at firts but once you outlined it, the values return to default when the inputs loose focus

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.