Help a newbie.

notops

Hi guys,

Im pretty new to PHP and Mysql, and im trying to fix a script. I have been reading alot about mysql_fetch_array etc, but i could still need some help. Especially about one thing.

The script i want to make, is one where a user can get out infomation about his "account" without logging in. He simply enters his usernumber and gets the two other rows in the database.

But i really cant figure out, how to let the user decide what colums that should be shown. I set the usernumber as primary in the db.

If anyone could point me in a direction here, it would be apreciated. As im doing this most to learn, i dont really want a complete howto, or finished script.

Thanks

But i really cant figure out, how to let the user decide what colums that should be shown

You mean each user can save in some fashion, which or both of the 2 rows they'd like to be made visible when someone enters their user ID?

I will save the info. Im gonna use it to show the users how many "bonus points" they have. So i want a script that tells the user how many points he got when he enters hes id. So the first Row wil be primary usernames, second will be full name, and the last one will be the bonus points, that i will make another script to edit.

So if the user enters his username he will be able to see the other two columns after his username.

So it will be like user1 name points

user2 name points

etc.

Yeah i know im selecting columns, i never said anything else. Im not really into reading and learning all php and mysql from scratch, rather learn while i write. I tried googling 1 hour for any text about doing this, but cant find a single answer.

Yeah i know im selecting columns, i never said anything else. Im not really into reading and learning all php and mysql from scratch, rather learn while i write. I tried googling 1 hour for any text about doing this, but cant find a single answer.

Why not just pay someone to write it? You're putting the cart before the horse as they say.

You will save a lot of time and energy if you just start from scratch and learn the right way.

Well, its not really that important. So i dont feel like paying anyone to do it.

I do know a bit php, connecting to mysql dbs etc, but not how write a script where it searches the first row for the user input and then puts out the whole column.

But, i guess ill try asking google for some more help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.