[SOLVED] PHP Session Notices

Hey everyone,

I installed PHP, Apache, and MySQL manually and am receiving numerous errors across my secured pages stating that there are undefined indexes.

I've installed PHPBTTracker+ onto my web server to create a private torrent tracker service so I know that the code provided is legit and works. The problem I am receiving has to be with my Php configuration at this point. Can anyone provide any insight to what would cause undefined index notices? I have sessions enabled and they are generated in /tmp but these unhandled indexes are out of hand. Is it a security issue on the tmp location?

If you need any code snippets please just ask.

One possible reason could be that your error reporting is turned on, try turning it off in php.ini

Why would you do that instead of actually fixing the errors?

undefined index notices?

Trying to access array indexes that don't exist. The problem is VERY likely your code.

Thanks for your replies guys.

I just wanted to highlight that this isn't *my* code. It is a project distributed on SourceForge called PHPBTTracker+. The reason I previously stated that the code should not be flawed is because numerous users have downloaded an utilized the code without any error at all! But as I dig through it it is becoming more and more apparent that previous users must have had their error reporting turned off.

The errors go away when I use the system's administration interface through a created user account and not the default system admin. So right away I see that certain variables are not initialized and set to null to stop these errors. I also found a few cases where depreciated code was used and have fixed that manually.

I want to thank you guys again for the insight. I'll post again should I run into any further configuration issues.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.