Parse an email to mysql database

Hi all,

I've looked around various sites, looking at sample code and suggested solutions but still having trouble understanding what to do. I would like to parse an email using PHP to a mysql database.

I've read tips on how to configure apache, and how to run scripts, but i'm not able to get these examples to work.

I intend to send an email from my phone/web client etc to a dedicated address on my account (parse@email.com... etc). Then, I'd like to be able to strip out the body of the email, containing the text of my choice, and insert it into a mysql table row.

I'm finding it difficult - firstly understanding how to configure apache etc and secondly, what the php code would look like to receive the incoming mails, and strip out what I need to a database.

Any ideas Guru's?

Thanks in advance, Chris

You need to break down your questions into seperate threads -- one question per thread.  Don't by any means take this to mean you should immediately launch 10 new threads now. 

So it seems your first question is -- how do you get PHP installed with Apache?

What operating system?

What do you have working so far?  Does apache work?

Do you have a vhost setup that answers and returns you a default page?

Is PHP installed?  Have you created a simple phpinfo() page and attempted to access it?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.