Lost Free Hard Drive Space...

The Little Guy

The bloater virus was more or less of a joke, but in all seriousness, your computer has a "bloater" virus or someone decided to copy lots of stuff onto your computer. Or how about a fragmenter virus. Fragments your entire HD.  ;D

Downloading music? That adds up to alot in a short time. Movies? I'm not you, so I can't view what you did prior to your bloated computer.

Well, I found out where my HD space went.

I downloaded TreeSize, and It analyzes your hard drive and displays your directories by directory size.

After the analyzation was finished, I found that 46GB of space was in a Mozilla Firefox profile called puca7p46.default

So I deleted that directory (and everything in it), and uninstalled Firefox. Do you think I am now safe from that, and can re-install Firefox?

I'm back to 56GB :)

Nice, dude, I think you discovered the secerts of infinite hard drive disk space! You started with 55 GB prior to TreeSize, and after, you now have 56 GB! An increase of 1GB! Hmm...well I suppose that still isn't infinite though...

Also, thats a pretty efficient program. Only 46 GB to list your directories by directory size. This is how we under appreciate Microsoft. They can list files by directory size (directories included) and it has to be less than what 2 GB (XP) as thats the entire OS!

Nice, dude, I think you discovered the secerts of infinite hard drive disk space! You started with 55 GB prior to TreeSize, and after, you now have 56 GB! An increase of 1GB! Hmm...well I suppose that still isn't infinite though...

Also, thats a pretty efficient program. Only 46 GB to list your directories by directory size. This is how we under appreciate Microsoft. They can list files by directory size (directories included) and it has to be less than what 2 GB (XP) as thats the entire OS!

No, the TreeList program wasn't 46GB! He used the TreeList program to find the folder that had 46GB

No, the TreeList program wasn't 46GB! He used the TreeList program to find the folder that had 46GB

Oh ha ha. Foolish me. I thought treelist was a mozilla add-on. :facepalm:  :intoxicated:  :sleeping:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.