Amatuer requiring assistance

Iamdbat

Beginner and amateur in need of assistance

My Site - www.spareparts.ie (Spare Parts for Domestic Appliances)

I've gone as far as I can go on my own and need guidance

What I require is custom searches - I need to return records based on multiple criteria for example

1: Enter Make > 2: Enter Model > 3: Enter description

If anyone can offer any assistance - I would be grateful

Thanks

Wrong Forum? - I figured that as my site isn't quite there that it may have been the right place

What I need are custom searches on my site which basically I don't know how to do or go about so I was looking for advice and pointers to get to where I need to be

Well... You'll need to start by learning a web programming language, perhaps PHP? Advance on to querying databases, returning results, etc. Then learn the theory behind searching and apply it to your needs. If you have no PHP experience, in all honesty, I'd say time to completion would be around 6 months to a year (at least really). You could find tutorials showing you how, but I don't think you'd find any specific any enough for what you're after. If you're willing to pay someone to have this done, you could have it working within a few days.

With all due respect Dorky, what has custom filters on a database got to do with web attacks or my hosting company? :confused:

well i assume you will be using a scripting language to do this(php) and you will need forms that send data to those scripts. if you need further info of the risks involved with server side scripting you can google it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.