Screen Resolution Help!

deathdeyfer2002

All-

I have a page coded that pulls files from a directory using PHP then sets them up using a Flash type player to stream the video.  My problem is that I have to resize the video window for each computer I play it on.  They all have different resolutions.  I was able to use:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/jwplayer/swfobject.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">

var x = (+screen.width);
var y = (+screen.height);

if (x == '1920' & y == '1080')
        {
                var xn = 1440;
                var yn = 900;
                document.write(xn);
                document.write(yn);

}

if (x == '1024' & y == '600')
        {
                var xn = 900;
                var yn = 400;
                document.write(xn);
                document.write(yn);
        }

swfobject.registerObject("player","9.0.98","/jwplayer/expressInstall.swf");
        </script>

To pull out the current Resolution of the user and pass to a variable the resolution I want the video to be.

Here is where the video code is

<object id="player" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" name="player" width="900" height="400">
                <param name="movie" value="/jwplayer/player.swf" />
                <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />

<?
                echo "<param name='flashvars' value='file=../Movies$full_dir.mp4 =../Movies$full_dir.jpg' />";
                ?>
                <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/jwplayer/player.swf" width="900" height="400">
                        <param name="movie" value="/jwplayer/player.swf" />

<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
                        <?
                        echo "<param name='flashvars' value='file=../Movies$full_dir.mp4&image=/Movies$full_dir.jpg' />";
                        ?>
                        <p><a href="http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer">Get Flash</a> to see this player.</p>

</object>
        </object>

In the video part, where it says Height and Width, I just need to have it take the 2 variables i created depending on the resolution used.  Variables xn or yn.

Any ideas? Please Please help! been stumped on this all afternoon!!

Thanks

Defyer!

You need to look more at swfobject, which you are using to embed the video. You can set height and width in the initial swfobject call, which you are using here:

swfobject.registerObject("player","9.0.98","/jwplayer/expressInstall.swf");

But it looks like you may possible be using an old version of swfobject, or using it wrong (I'm not sure which), since I don't believe .registerObject is the standard way of using swfobject to embed flash. I could be wrong though. But in all the times I've used it (which is a fair bit), I've not used that method call.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.