gazza52

Hi All,

I'm new to sending e-mail via PHP and am having a few probs.

I am running Apache on a Win Vista on a laptop so no server.

I have a simple form which I want to be able to put in values Name, E-mail address and comments.

The e-mail address entered is then used to send the name and comments over to the entered address.

Now to the problem, I dont have a means of sending this e-mail so I installed soft talk mail server and configured a local domain of localhost.com, and linked this to my pop 3 mail account to provide e-mail access.

I then configured the php.ini TO SMTP = localhost.com and sendmail_from as user@localhost.com where user is a user configured in the mail server.

This setup does not appear to work, please advise or any links which talk you through this process.

Thanks

Gay

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.