For Each statement with 2 $_POSTs

Crystal-Pixel

I have been going in circles for 3 days now trying to figure out how to pass 2 variable values through a foreach statement that will let me run them through mysql. Its basically to update a quantities in a shoppingcart. The two values are, #1 the quantity #2 the product id. The problem I'm having is I am only getting ONE of the values to go through when I need both of them together so I can input the data correctly into the database. If I run 2 Foreach statements I end up with different qtys and the same productid.. I have no idea what else to do.. please help?? :confused:

Here is a snippet..

foreach (array_merge($_POST['qty'], $_POST['favids']) as $key => $value) {

echo '<br><span class="error"><b>Going to Script Number Two - QTY: '.$value.'  FAV ID: '.$favids.'</b></span>';

$query = "UPDATE favorites set".

"  qty='".$key."'".

"  WHERE favid ='".$_POST['favids']."'";

echo 'FAVID: '.$key.'<br>';

echo 'QTY:'. $val.'<br>';

$result = mysql_query($query) or die ("Error in query: $query");

if ($result) {

echo '<br><span class="error"><b>Product Successfully Updated!</b></span>';

}

Okay I tried this to change it to array_combine, but now the script isn't even running

Any ideas? - I need both values in order ot update the database properly, I need the Qty and the ProductId number.... this is comin from a shoppingcart where there are multiple qty text input fields that allow the user to modify there qty and press Update.

Snippet of What i have so far:

$qty = array($_POST['qty']);

$favids = array($_POST['favids']);

foreach (array_combine($qty, $favids) as $key => $value) {

echo '<br><span class="error"><b>Going to Script - QTY: '.$qty.'  FAV ID: '.$favids.'</b></span>';

$query = "UPDATE favorites set".

"  qty='".$qty."'".

"  WHERE favid ='".$favids."'";

echo 'FAVID: '.$favids.'<br>';

echo 'QTY:'. $qty.'<br>';

$result = mysql_query($query) or die ("Error in query: $query");

if ($result) {

echo '<br><span class="error"><b>Product Successfully Updated!</b></span>';

}

Here is part of the form. It is within a "While" because it pulls multiple product ids out of the database.

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {

$getproduct = "SELECT * FROM Products WHERE id = '".$row['productid']."'";

$getprod = mysql_query($getproduct) or die("Query Failed: ".mysql_errno()." - ".mysql_error()."<BR>\n$Query<BR>\n");

$pd = mysql_fetch_array($getprod);

//Get SizeName

$getsizes = "SELECT sizesname FROM Sizes WHERE id = '".$pd['Size']."'";

$getsize = mysql_query($getsizes) or die("Query Failed: ".mysql_errno()." - ".mysql_error()."<BR>\n$Query<BR>\n");

$finalsize = mysql_fetch_array($getsize);

// $favid = $row['favid'];

echo '  <tr>

<td width="4%" bgcolor="#F7FAFD" class="blacktext">

<div align="center">'.$row['favid'].'

<input name="favid" id="favid" type="radio" value="'.$row['favid'].'">

</div>

</td>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#F7FAFD" class="blacktext">'.$pd['PartNum'].'</td>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#F7FAFD" class="blacktext">'.$pd['Name'].'</td>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#F7FAFD" class="blacktext">'.$finalsize['sizesname'].'</td>

<td width="26%" bgcolor="#F7FAFD" class="blacktext"><input name="qty[]" type="text" class="tinyform" value ="'.$row['qty'].'" /><input name="favids[]" type="hidden" value="'.$row['favid'].'" /></td>

<div align="center">

<input name="checked[]" id="checked" type="checkbox" value="'.$row['favid'].'">

</div>

</td>

</tr> '; }

}

change form to

echo '   <tr>
                  </div>
          </td>
             <td width="25%" bgcolor="#F7FAFD" class="blacktext">'.$finalsize['sizesname'].'</td>
             <td width="26%" bgcolor="#F7FAFD" class="blacktext"><input name="qty['.$row['favid'].']" type="text" class="tinyform" value ="'.$row['qty'].'" />'.$row['qty'].'</td>
                  <div align="center">
                  </div>
          </td>

and on next page do

foreach ($_POST['qty'] as $favid => $qty){ ...

change form to

echo '   <tr>
                  </div>
          </td>
             <td width="26%" bgcolor="#F7FAFD" class="blacktext"><input name="qty['.$row['favid'].']" type="text" class="tinyform" value ="'.$row['qty'].'" />'.$row['qty'].'</td>
                  <div align="center">
                  </div>
          </td>

and on next page do

foreach ($_POST['qty'] as $favid => $qty){ ...

That Did it!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!  :-*

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.