preg_replace mysql date

The14thGOD

I'm updating a database from a CSV file, for some reason the database isn't putting quotes around the dates, but it breaks if the data doesn't have quotes around it. Now I originally just targeted those fields in an array and added the quotes (e.g. $arr[22] = '\''.$arr[22].'\'';) and that worked until it got to a field with no date in it. That broke that so I had to go back to trying to just find a regex to add the quotes (and hope that the insert works if there is no date and no quotes).

Here's the regex I wrote (I'm by no means an expert on this) and it doesn't work so any help would be great;

<?php
	$data = preg_replace('^([0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9] [0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2})^','\'\\1\'',$data);
?>

All dates (except ones that don't exist) follow that pattern since it's stored in a MySQL db.

Thanks for any and all help,

Justin

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.