[SOLVED] MySQL Query Error

pudge1

$sql="INSERT INTO Users (userid, Username, Password, EMail, Account Type)

VALUES

(" . $count . "," . $username . "," . $password . "," . $_POST['email'] . "," . $at . ")";

$result = mysql_query($sql , $connection);

The problem I am having with the script is that it is not inserting the data. I am 99.99% sure that is the fault of the way I wrote up the $sql= line. Does anyone see what I did wrong?

EDIT: I forgot to mention. It IS connecting to the database just fine so that is NOT the problem.

You can't have spaces in column names without denoting it as a name using backticks ( ` ).  (The issue is with the "account type" column).

$sql="INSERT INTO Users (userid, Username, Password, EMail, `Account Type`)
VALUES
(" . $count . "," . $username . "," . $password . "," . $_POST['email'] . "," . $at . ")";

Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '@email.com,User)' at line 3 in

That is the error I get.

Thanks for whoever posted the new code, still broken though. I just don't see what is wrong I have looked it over a couple times and referred back to the manual.

You have to have quotes in the SQL around the values:

$sql="INSERT INTO Users (userid, Username, Password, EMail, `Account Type`)
VALUES
(" . $count . ",'" . $username . "','" . $password . "','" . $_POST['email'] . "','" . $at . "')";

I know it's hard to see them but I added them in there.  echo $sql before executing it to see your query.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT, do not send user input directly to the database without sanitizing it first!!  Using $_POST['email'] in your query is not a good idea unless you have already done something to prevent SQL injections.  At the very least use mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['email']);.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.