Download Image from URL and Upload it

MasterK

Ok, I have been googling for the last 1/2 hour trying to figure this out, Most likely I'm just not searching for the right thing.

Here is what I want to do.

I want to have a Text box which somebody will paste a URL into. The URL will be a PHP Image (Example)

Now I want it to download that image as a JPEG to my Website, and name it that last 6 numbers of the URL (for the Example about it would be 185950.jpeg)

Then I want it to redownload, and name it every 20minutes

I just need pointed in the right direction here, because my Google searches are turning up nothing at all  :-[

Thanks

Ok, So I was frustrated and before anybody had replied, I figured eh, What the heck, Imma try something crazy! and it WORKED!

Here is what I am talking about.

$url = "http://photo.playerdex.com/trainercard.php?ID=";

$ourFileName = "$str.jpeg";
$ourFileHandle = fopen($ourFileName, 'w')
fclose($ourFileHandle);

$link = $url.$str;
$source = file_get_contents($link);
$myFile = "images/tc/$ourFileName";
$fh = fopen($myFile, 'w')
fwrite($fh, $source);
fclose($fh);

I did not think this would work, But I thought I would try it anyways, and it works! This might not be surprising to many people, but I was surprised.

Now I just need to get the Cronjob setup, I need to figure out how to make it update all the images that have been created..  :P::)

Now I just need to get the Cronjob setup, I need to figure out how to make it update all the images that have been created..  

Continually update an image that hasnt changed?? I thought i was bored :-\

lol?

Who said it didn't change? Not I...

The image is generated from a Database based on your current team in the game, It updates quite often  :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.