simple pregmatch inverted

nadeemshafi9

hi guys

can somone give me some links to some solid manuals

this is my string #image,100#

i need to get the 100

any ideas

im just about to dl a cheetsheet will be back soon to see what has been suggested, this is the first regex of this new job of mine so iim slightly out of knowledge on it atm, was using it a lot at the last job

http://www.addedbytes.com/cheat-sheets/regular-expressions-cheat-sheet/

should be bale to knock something up i n a bit

this is my string #image,100#

i cant find anything to negate /#image.*#/ regexp, so im thinking its the wrong way to go about it, do i really need regex in this ?

split the string by ,

strip off #image

and #

actualy if i can negate  regexp /#image.*#/

i can then split the result by ,

I take it it always says #image then? You could simply use trim to remove the hashes then explode on the comma. But if you want to use Regular Expressions then something like...

~^#image,(\d{3})#~

That of course assumes the 100 is always a 3 digit number. You can modify that accordingly.

I take it it always says #image then? You could simply use trim to remove the hashes then explode on the comma. But if you want to use Regular Expressions then something like...

~^#image,(\d{3})#~

That of course assumes the 100 is always a 3 digit number. You can modify that accordingly.

thanku

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.