PHP-mysql Presentation for beginners

priti

Very dull, I didn't actually read past about the 5th slide if I'm honest. Think you should re-consider the media you're using to present this; slide shows are mainly used to back up a presentation. Used in this way you may as well have just written it as an article.

I agree that it's a bit dull.  It could be used for the presenter as a note card but it does nothing different than a tutorial in a book does.

In an era where everything is YouTube'd and zip zooming in your face with sound and graphics, it doesn't really do anything to keep attention.

• 4 weeks later...

I received good response on those slides - content wise and many beginners find it easy to run the examples and understand the concept behind it. which mainly serves the purpose of it.

But you guy have different view and I think I must consider the look and feel as well as media option also while creating presentation for beginners.

Thanks buddies.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Members,

Review required for following presentation.

Let me know if i can add more content to it for beginners or your review how i can make it more useful for beginners.

Thanks.

It would be more useful if you didn't tell people to use php's mysql extension. People these days should be using php's mysql extension  unless you specifically need to connect to MySQL database versions older than 4.1.3 or you are still using php4. You're starting beginners off on the wrong track.

If using php5, you should be using Mysqli or PDO. The mysql extension should be used as a last resort if mysqli and PDO ar not available.

Your presentation is IMO wrong and its aim for beginners is misguided. Let's assume I'm a beginner I find your presentation then it will go like this:

PHP/MySQL for beginners

Next

Agenda

Next

What is MySQL?

How does it relate to PHP?

Locate your php.ini ?? php.ini what's that??? IF I'm smart I'll try: F3 php.ini -> no results

End of tutorial..

I'd use a different approach.

Perhaps start with something like: "What is a database, "Why would we need a database", "What is MySQL", "How to read information a database - Queries"

Also explain, in what way PHP and MySQL are related to each other.

Constants: leave that away, explain them when it's necessary.

As for the rest: see previous comments ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.