Information website about drug addicts and drug use

selbekk

Hey there..

I am making a web page (a student project, really), which is all about drug addicts, homeless people and other people of that nature. The page is for the general public, however, and it needs to appeal to the regular joe, so that they might be tempted to either volunteer, change their general perception towards this exposed group of people, or give us some money to help them out.

Now, I think the design is... oh, let's be honest - horrible. At least to some degree. I need it to be easily readable for all people, even with lowered eye-sight-capabilities (hence the extra alternate stylesheet).

So, what do you think I should do? I am thinking colors, general design layout and so forth. The page is in Norwegian, btw, so don't be thrown by that. It's a real language and all. :-)

Thanks in advance,

Kris

Edit: oh, the page is at www.outcasts.no/preview

I don't think the design is bad. I think you just need to pay somebody to make you a really nice logo, and then reduce the size of the text -> (Politiet aksjonerer på Oslo S!).

I think it is funny where you say, "... and other people of that nature". Language of that nature would be offensive to somebody that is easily offended. What other kinds of people are there that are of that nature? I think my X girlfriend is of that nature. What a loser she is.

eKunKbad, thanks for the feedback.

Sorry about the offensive language, what I mean is people abusing drugs in a way that interacts with their lifes so much that a life on the streets of icy Norway is more appealing than kicking the habit.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.