Bulk Update Of Products

brad_langdon

I have a client who wants an ecommerce site. No problem there, there are many free or cheap cart applications that are easy to customise.

Is it possible though to upload a file each month to update the prices of existing items or add new products rather than entering them one by one? He will have quite a large database of products so doing it one by one would be a nightmare.

Can anyone recommend the best software to use to allow him to update his products in this way?

• 3 weeks later...

I havent seen such a facility but if there is I hope somebody will be interested to post it here. Just a question, why do you need to upload bulk update? Isn't it that when you prepare the bulk update you are encoding it in the computer? why not directly encode it in the CMS? Isn't it has the same number of times to encode the update? Just wondering.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.