Music Upload advice/help

applebiz89

Hi there, not sure if this is the right section or not.

However, I am creating a social networking type site, although once the user has created their profile, I want to have a flash player to allow them to upload and play their songs for others to listen to, much like myspace.

so my question is, is there any flash players available to do this to an outside website other than mine, or one that allows the upload to go to the database of my website.

Also if there isnt one, and I create it myself, how could I link the individual songs that are uploaded to my database to the flash player...

sorry for the complicated question, just trying to say what Im thinking here. So in short Im basically asking how would it work to embed a flash player onto a social networking site, so that the user can upload songs to the database, but only his songs hes uploaded go to the flash player

thanks in advance

Flash players are available for free all over the web. Do some Googling.

Flash is not the technology that is used for uploading files to a webserver however an application may have a flash front end, however it will be tied into a server side script (PHP or PERL). Once the file is uploaded the server side script should be written so it will add the appropriate records to your database.

A script to obtain the music files is required that will query the database and display the appropriate records. When a user clicks a link the selected track is played in your flash player.

I suggest you learn PHP, mysql and focus on database queries. Uploading files. $_GET & $_POST arrays.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.