Can someone explain this?

Kay009

i have an assignment where I have to provide a means by which users may be able to personalize the way their information is shown.

This may include choice of colors ,font faces,font sizes etc. the two ways this can be done is either by altering the CSS or by allowing the members to include mark up in their stored information.

Now i am not clear whether i am just asked to make a CSS sheet and attach it to the webpage and i have no idea on the later case(how to allow markups)

can someone tell me how/what i am supposed to do.thanks

you will asign each part that is to be changed a variable weather it be javascript or my fav, php. then you will need to set defaults for those values.

you will need to use a db of some sort weather it be flat file or sql. i like flat files but they can be tricky.

you will need either by link/$_GET or by form/$_GET/$_POST to record each users prefs in the db with their identifier

at the start of the sites script you will have to check either by log in session or ip weather or not that user has prefs then set those variables first mentioned to those prefs or use the defaults if they are not.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.