Help with a IE8 Hack

co.ador

So far I have the hacks for IE5.5, IE6, IE7 but IE8 is bringing some bugs that can't not be fixed with traditional hacks.

I have found this IE8 hack but is not working quite allright. I don't know If I am missing the semicolon or where should I put it?

idth/*\**/:345\

Well the CSS rules below have some hacks for IE5.5, IE6, IE7 and I have include the new fixed I have found in google for IE8 but is not quite working.

Need some suggestions.

.segundo1 {
    float:left;
    width:354px;
    width/*\**/:345\
   >width:400px;
    height:240px;  
    margin:1em 0em 0 1em;
   >margin:1em 0em 0 1em;
    display:inline;
margin-left:2em;
margin-right:0;
margin-top:1em;
margin-bottom:0;
>margin-left:2em;
>margin-right:0;
>margin-top:1em;
>margin-bottom:0;
}
* html .segundo1 {
    float:left;
    width:405px;
    wid\th:400px;
    height:240px;
    border-color:#FFFFFF;
    margin:1em 0em 0 2em;
    display:inline;
margin-left:2em;
margin-right:0;
margin-top:1em;
margin-bottom:0;

}

Thank you for your Suggestion in your last post they really help...

My suggestion is to not use hacks. They are exactly that - hacks - and are kind of buggy, because you never know if another browser will react funny to them in the future or not.

If you absolutely must have code that is different for IE, then you are better off using conditional comments.

Haku

The conditional comments makes it more organized and more standardized for others to read..

I have a question whenever a make a Conditional comment and the pointer get redirected  to that x.css style sheet inside the conditional comment X, will that x.css style sheet include the used of hacks  such as -----

* selctor x {},    _selector {},  backslash \ {} or the greater than symbol >
for IE5, IE6 and IE7? or the conditional  <!--[if IE 5]>the brackets will take care of that?

Thank you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.